Sunday, September 20, 2009

Facebook: Good Riddance

I kept hearing about it; I heard it started in Yale, or Harvard, or one of the big colleges; so I figure, maybe I should try Facebook.

Well, I end up finding my posts are tightly limited; I find lots of "networking" with either people I already know, or people I once knew and could not care less about; I find lots of inane requests of bizarre games; basically one big, waste, of, time.

Anyway, last night, I finally cut my losses, and deactivated my account. Oh, and a great "they're really that stupid" moment: hours after an e-mail confirmation of my account deactivation, an e-mail reminding me of "Facebook Birthdays," and links to sends "gifts," or post on "walls." Utter, morons.

In other news, my left ear's infected again, as it was just after Comic-Con. Early treatment has it in flux, so I'm not sure if it'll intensify or fade away. Either way, I won't let it affect my walking.

Most recent Usenet posts:

Senator Al Franken and Maps . . .

Medium Large (9-18; Oh Canada!)

Re: The revolution will not be shoes (Blondie, 18 September)

Hi and Lois and Webtoonists (9-18)

Sheldon Sci-Fi Saturdays

'Til next time . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home